What is Everyday Computer User?

 A blog that talks about how I use computers. I'm a computer user. Not a programmer, not a hardware buff, not a hacker. I use computers to keep track of things in my life and to get things done. 

I've been using computers for a long time. I got my first personal computer for home in 1977 when I was 32 years old. Over the years, I have learned a lot about computers and how to use them. Learned a little programming, how to do my own website, how to edit photographs, in other words, lots of things. Over the years I've gained knowledge about different programs (those things we now call apps) and different techniques. Now that I'm retired, I focus on using my computer to keep notes, keep up with what's going on the world, maintain all my finances, manage my family photos, and make sure I know what I need to do tomorrow.

The basic purpose of this blog is to relate some of my knowledge to those that may be struggling to develop a system of working and record-keeping for themselves. I know I've searched the Internet looking for advice about how best to use my computer. Maybe others have also. That's who I am going to try to be here for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PC or Mac?

How My System Evolved